Contact me at email@example.com or call me at 912-980-3981
Writing/Public Relations/Marketing Experience
Freelance writer and public relations/marketing specialist, Self-employed, Savannah, Ga.
January 1, 2016-Present
- Write/edit articles for newspapers, magazines and online business journals
- Create marketing/public relations materials
Senior editor, Georgia CEO and South Carolina CEO, Atlanta, Ga.
January 1, 2016-Present
- Write/edit business articles and corporate profiles
- Pitch business related story ideas and keep track of current business trends
Freelance Writer, Savannah Magazine, Savannah, Ga.
March 26, 2012-April 2013; January 1, 2016-Present
- Write articles for magazine, online magazine, Savannah Weddings, and Savannah Homes
- Created calendar for eNewsletter and magazine
- Completed editorial internship for Spring 2012
Corporate Communications Specialist, Gulfstream Aerospace Corp., Savannah, Ga.
November 2, 2015-December 16, 2015
- Wrote, edited and submitted news releases
- Maintained public relations duties for Gulfstream
Writer/Submissions Coordinator, Savannah Morning News, Savannah, Ga.
April 2013-November 2015
- Wrote/edited articles and columns Savannah Morning News, Savannah DO
- Reviewed submissions to determine newsworthiness
Social Media Intern, Savannah Book Festival, Savannah, Ga.
November 2011-February 2012
- Created and maintained festival’s Facebook page
- Created daily Twitter feed for festival
Donated Public Relations/Grant writer, Horsin’ Around, Bloomingdale, Ga.
January 2012-August 2012
- Wrote and distributed news releases, grant proposals, created marketing materials
- Contacted media and prepared interviews
Lead Coordinator, Operation Enduring Separation, Hinesville and Fort Stewart, Ga.
January 2007-April 2008—Earned Level 4 Civilian Service Award
- Created and organized all monthly events for 80-member support group; coordinated speakers and professional workshops
- Raised donations and successfully received grants to cover operating expenses
Copy Editor/Page Designer/Reporter, Fairbanks Daily News Miner, Fairbanks, Alaska.
February 1999-June 2000
- Edited copy and designed page layout for daily newspaper
- Created copy and served as North Pole News Reporter
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Ga. Master of Fine Arts, Professional Writing, 2012, GPA: 3.93
Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX. Bachelor of Arts, English, 1997, Minor in Journalism, Magna Cum Laude
Technology: Mac and PC; Microsoft Office; AP Style proficient; Blogger; WordPress, familiar with Adobe Suite
Honors: SCAD Honors Scholarship; SCAD Leaders, Armed Forces Civilian Service 2008; Sigma Tau Delta