Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 912-980-3981
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Ga. Master of Fine Arts, Professional Writing, 2012, GPA: 3.93
Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX. Bachelor of Arts, English, 1997, Minor in Journalism, Magna Cum Laude
Writing/Public Relations/Marketing Experience
Digital Producer, WSAV-TV, Savannah, Ga.
April 4, 2017-Present
• Create content for company website and social media platforms
• Write articles, turn scripts into written articles, edit photos and videos, and enhance online image of company
Freelance writer and public relations/marketing specialist, Self-employed, Savannah, Ga.
January 1, 2016-Present
• Write/edit articles for newspapers, magazines and online business journals
• Create marketing/public relations materials for print and social media
Freelance Writer/Submissions Coordinator, Savannah Morning News, Savannah, Ga.
April 2013-November 2015; Freelance writer Jan. 1, 2016-Present
• Write/edited articles and columns Savannah Morning News, Savannah DO
• Reviewed submissions to determine newsworthiness
Senior editor, Georgia CEO and South Carolina CEO, Albany, Ga.
January 1, 2016-January 1, 2018
• Write/edit business articles and corporate profiles
• Pitch business related story ideas and keep track of current business trends
Freelance Writer, Savannah Magazine, Savannah, Ga.
March 26, 2012-April 2013; January 1, 2016-Dec. 2017
• Wrote articles for magazine, online magazine, Savannah Weddings, and Savannah Homes
• Completed editorial internship for Spring 2012
Social Media Intern, Savannah Book Festival, Savannah, Ga.
November 2011-February 2012
• Created and maintained festival’s Facebook page
• Created daily Twitter feed for festival
Donated Public Relations/Grant writer, Horsin’ Around, Bloomingdale, Ga.
January 2012-August 2012
• Wrote and distributed news releases, grant proposals, created marketing materials
• Contacted media and prepared interviews
Lead Coordinator, Operation Enduring Separation, Hinesville and Fort Stewart, Ga.
January 2007-April 2008—Earned Level 4 Civilian Service Award
• Created and organized all monthly events for 80-member support group; coordinated speakers and professional workshops
• Raised donations and successfully received grants to cover operating expenses
Copy Editor/Page Designer/Reporter, Fairbanks Daily News Miner, Fairbanks, Alaska.
February 1999-June 2000
• Edited copy and designed page layout for daily newspaper
• Created copy and served as North Pole News Reporter
Mac and PC; Microsoft Office; AP Style proficient; Blogger; WordPress, Lakana, familiar with Adobe Suite
Georgia Press Award, AP Award, SCAD Honors Scholarship; SCAD Leaders, Armed Forces Civilian Service 2008